Re: Possible `point-entered' `point-left' Text Property Bug

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Possible `point-entered' `point-left' Text Property Bug
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 01:13:01 -0400

    > Hmm, I agree that scanning from point-min is somewhat odd.
    > Maybe it would be better to use (line-beginning-position)
    > instead of (point-min) as the starting point.  What do you think?
    > Does that make it work?

    Not always.  For example, when point-left and point-entered are placed
    over an interval that does not cover the line-beginning position, as
    shown:

        | interval  |
     1 2 3 4_5 6 7 8 9
            ^ point is here

The scenario is not fully specified, so I am not sure what the code
will do, nor can I start to think about whether it is right or wrong.

Could you try making a completely specified scenario, and show
what the code will do?