Re: ifinfo vs ifnottex

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: ifinfo vs ifnottex
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 20:46:09 -0500 (CDT)

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

   What is relevant, IMO, is whether we want to support any formats
   other than Info and DVI in the documentation directories.  (Note
   that the Makefile's currently don't support anything beyond these
   two formats.)

The basic problem is solved now and I installed my changes.  But I do
not immediately understand the above quote.  The Makefiles
automatically build .info files from the .texi files and install them.
I do _not_ consider the changes I just made to be a prelude for the
Makefiles to automatically build and install .html files.  What I was
worrying about was a user running `makeinfo --html' himself, maybe a
sysadmin who wants to provide links to manuals from a webpage.  I do
not believe that any support from the Makefiles is necessary for that.

Sincerely,

Luc.