Re: address@hidden: restoring emacs session fails for missing files]

From: Lars Hansen
Subject: Re: address@hidden: restoring emacs session fails for missing files]
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 12:01:02 +0200

Mike Coleman wrote:

> Okay, I've managed to replicate the error.  Apparently missing normal
> files don't cause problems, but missing info files do.

I can reproduce this on Emacs 21 but not on CVS Emacs, so it seems that
the bug is fixed.

With a desktop file listing an a dired buffer, the desktop file itself
and a nonexistent info file, I get the following contents of the
*Messages* buffer:

Emacs 21:

(emacs21 --no-site-file)
Info-find-node: Info file /usr/info/ocaml does not exist

CVS Emacs:

(emacs --no-site-file)
Desktop: Can't load buffer *info*: Info file /usr/info/ocaml does not exist
Desktop: 2 buffers restored, 1 failed to restore.
For information about the GNU Project and its goals, type C-h C-p.