Unreliability in CVS access

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Unreliability in CVS access
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 19:22:55 -0400

Has anyone investigated this problem?  It is a serious problem,
which is why I put it in FOR-RELEASE.

There used to be a bad interaction between CVS and SSH.
A year ago I convinced the CVS developers to make a change
designed to solve the problem.  Is this that same problem?
I am not sure, but the fact that the problem never happens
with Emacs 21 suggests the bug is in Emacs.

JD Smith, are you using CVS thru SSH?
Does the problem go away with the latest CVS?
Does the latest CVS contain a fix for the problem
as they discussed it a year ago?