Re: Reverting *Locate* buffers.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Reverting *Locate* buffers.
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 09:43:33 +0200

Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> writes:

> There have been in the past several complaints about the fact that
> trying to revert a *Locate* buffers first asks whether you want to
> update the locate database.
>
> If you answer yes, then in my setup and I would guess in most
> setups, you get an error unless you are running as root, because you
> need to be root to update the locate database.  As a result, the
> buffer does not get reverted.

In this case, one option would be to try
(let ((default-directory "/sudo::")) ...
or (depending on the setup of the system)
(let ((default-directory "/su::")) ...
around rerunning the database.

This could be one customization option (and a failed regeneration as
normal user might point out the availability), I think.