Re: general-purpose.el - a general-forms-resource-utility

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: general-purpose.el - a general-forms-resource-utility
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 22:34:50 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
- display a list of clickable functions or forms the
  way `apropos' does; i.e. M-x `general-resource-utility'
  RET `string-strip' should display several
  string-strip-utilities to examine, insert at point etc.

- allow users to edit the collection via
  copy-and-paste; provide some automated indexing
  afterward

Is there something beyond completion here?
I do not know what OP actually meant, but I think it would be useful to easily have access to general functions you may need somewhere. Completion would be very fine in my opinion.

- display related topics as customize does with
  parent groups

There's a C-h subcommand to do that.

I must have missed something. Is there an hiearchy for functions?