Re: Revamping sit-for

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Revamping sit-for
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 16:57:27 -0400

    However, since the old form has been obsolete for a long time, and can
    cause confusion (as demonstrated), it might be good to simply drop it.

No, that would be too drastic.  A change like this should be done
in multiple steps.

The first step might be to arrange to display a warning with a
backtrace the first time the old form is used in any session.  That
way we could arrange to notify programmers to fix old calls, without
breaking the packages that contain them.

However, if 22.0 is the first release in which that interface
is considered obsolete, we should not take any further steps
until Emacs 23.