Re: how to control isearch for invisible text

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: how to control isearch for invisible text
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 20:00:45 +0200

>     > I think `occur' always makes things visible because it copies text
>     > and overlays are not copied along, so the invisibility gets lost.  I
>     > do think query-replace should be improved to open invisible text
>     > just like isearch does.
>
> I agree that query-replace should show invisible text
> when a match occurs inside it.
>
> Would someone like to implement that?
>
> What is `preview-open-overlays'?  It is not part of Emacs.

Part of AUCTeX's preview-latex which replaces LaTeX formulas by their
typeset images.  Not exactly invisibility, but still requires similar
action on search and search&replace so that the user can see what
source text he is actually replacing.

Its code would not be useful for isearch, but I thought it helpful to
point out where I had anchored the advice for this similar task.