Re: blink-cursor-end sometimes fails and disrupts pre-command-hook

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: blink-cursor-end sometimes fails and disrupts pre-command-hook
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 12:15:57 -0400

>> The question is, why did this surface only with the latest Emacs
>> update?
>
> actually, it isn't necessarily the latest emacs update, though it
> probably is a one within the last several weeks.  i started noticing
> the problem a week or so ago, but didn't have time to investigate
> until yesterday.  i may not have done an update for a week or more
> until before i first started seeing the problem.

Could you try to track down why the error happens?

One way I suggest doing this is to go through the various `error'
calls inside run-with-timer, and make them additionally print a
message or save something to a variable.  If we can find out which
`error' is being triggered, we can figure out whether it's a problem
with Emacs, or with your customizations.