Re: single init file/directory for windows and linux using version contr

From: Eric Hanchrow
Subject: Re: single init file/directory for windows and linux using version control svn or cvs
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 19:51:59 -0700

    Can I put a directory ".emacs.d" including an init.el somewhere under
    Windows/Cygwin so that it will be recognized by a default Emacs
    installation (C:\.emacs.d\init.el is ignored when there is no
    C:\.emacs or C:\_emacs)?

Even though I don't really understand your question, I suspect the
answer is "yes".  For what it's worth, I too keep my home directory
under subversion, and use the same emacs init file for all platforms.

    Furthermore: What would be the current Emacs variable to tweak for using an

You probably are looking for something like this:

  (case system-type
    ((windows-nt darwin)
     (do-some-stuff))
    (t
     (do-other-stuff)))

--
That is the true genius of America ... that our votes will be
counted, at least most of the time.