Re: raise-frame doesn't work in Fedora Core 4

From: Masatake YAMATO
Subject: Re: raise-frame doesn't work in Fedora Core 4
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 12:50:07 +0900 (JST)

> Is there some documented rationale for this wm-spec thingy?
> I mean, why on earth should the window-manager need more than "XRaiseWindow"
> to figure out that the window should be brought on top?

I couldn't find the answer for this question. Therefore
I didn't submit the patch here by myself.

I'm still interesting this bug. People who meet this
bug, could you tell me the window manager you are using and emacs
bulid-time configuration about GUI toolkit: gtk+, athena, lucid or
motif.

I think I don't have enough to submit new patch before releasing
the new version.

(
 People who can read Japanese, do C-s XRaiseWindow in

       https://www.codeblog.org/blog/jet/200601.html

 Yamaoka-san, I'm sorry that I could not keep my word.
)

Masatake