Re: Switching to Subversion

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Switching to Subversion
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 22:39:25 +0100

On 11/12/06, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

Before considering use of subversion for Emacs I would have to use it
for something else, to see what it is like.

Sounds reasonable. I think you'll find Subversion is designed to look
just like a better CVS. The command set is very similar.

There are quite a lot other good SCM programs out there (Arch,
Monotone, svk), but they are far less mature and, in my (limited)
tests, the user experience is very different. Arch filenames give me
headaches.

(Yes, I'm an una(bash|sham)ed Subversion proponent :)

                   /L/e/k/t/u