Re: I can't build from cvs sources on cygwin for some time now

From: Eric Lilja
Subject: Re: I can't build from cvs sources on cygwin for some time now
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 23:29:34 +0100

Juanma Barranquero skrev:
On 11/12/06, Eric Lilja <address@hidden> wrote:

But when I tried to build a new version two weeks or so
ago using the same procedure as before, it wouldn't build. Tried again
now. Still won't build. Error:
In file included from emacsclient.c:286:
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/../../../../include/w32api/winsock2.h:103:2:
warning: #warning "fd_set and associated macros have been defined in
sys/types.      This may cause runtime problems with W32 sockets"

lib-src/emacsclient.c has a

#include <sys/types.h>

near the beginning. Could you please wrap it on

#ifndef CYGWIN
#endif

Thanks, done that now and trying to recompile (did a bootstrap-clean so it will take a few minutes before I know how it went).

(assuming there's CYGWIN or another define that can be used to detect
that we're compiling under cygwin) and report back?

Just out of curiosity. Did you run ./configure?

I ran configure.bat in the nt subdir as I have always done when building emacs on this platform. It was mentioned in "My steps" in my op.

                   /L/e/k/t/u

Thanks for the quick reply!

/ E