Re: Saving when the coding system can't code all buffer characters

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Saving when the coding system can't code all buffer characters
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 12:50:13 +0200

> Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 23:40:53 +0100
> From: Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>
>
> At the prompt "Select coding system (default mule-utf-8):" this just
> gives information about the minibuffer.

??? What do you mean by that?  I think it tells you what encoding will
be used if you just hit RET.

> And when using C-g to quit the problematic character disappears from
> screen. Quite inconvenient IMHO.

The text is still available in the buffer names "*Warning*", and you
can always get back to it if you try to save the buffer again.

> Could it be made a bit easier to use please?

Please suggest an easier way, given that just hitting RET will DTRT.