Re: defcustom and the stars.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: defcustom and the stars.
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 17:33:57 -0500

    >     ! variable is a user option, as would have indicated a line saying th=
    at
    >     ! you can change at user level the variable.  @kbd{C-h v} is not
    >     ! restricted to user options; it allows any variable name.
    >
    > I can't understand that new text.
    > What is it supposed to mean?

    Again, it is with the previous patch.  With it, not only =AB You can
    customize the variable =BB can appear, but also =AB You can change at user
    level the variable =BB, which means that you can M-x set-var this var.

The proposed text (quoted above) doesn't say that clearly.
I find it very hard to understand.

Anyway, my decision is not to add that new feature now.