Re: raise frame no go

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: raise frame no go
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 08:48:51 +0100

Miles Bader skrev:
Jan Djärv <address@hidden> writes:
The specification doesn't say, so you are right, it is up to the WM.
But all WM:s I've seen (KDE, Metacity and Xfwm4) also raises the
window to the top.
Even when using "focus follows mouse"?
That is what I use.  However, I can get focused, unraised frames with
metacity, so focus-frame is more logical.

I use metacity with f-f-m, and it doesn't raise frames if they get the
focus because of mouse-movement (though I admit metacity is generally
rather overly intrusive in it's actions).

There is an auto_raise config option you can set with gconf-editor. It is off by default.

        Jan D.