Re: Color-theme problems in Emacs 22+ (Ubuntu, Windows)

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Color-theme problems in Emacs 22+ (Ubuntu, Windows)
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 13:06:43 -0500

>     I just installed Ubuntu Edgy 6.10, and still experiences
>     problems with `color-theme' (versions 6.5.4, 6.5.5 and
>     6.6.0) under Emacs Snapshot (GTK).
>
>     I see some of my colors sometimes (for example, when editing
>     my .emacs file), but it's never ever applied to my Group
>     buffer. In other words, I cannot tell anymore which groups
>     contain or not unread mails (as I expect them to become bold
>     if they contain unread material).

I can't reproduce this.  I did the following:

- downloaded the latest version of color-theme (color-theme-6.6.0.tar.gz)
- moved all the elisp files in the tarfile into ~/.emacs.d/lisp
  (which is in my load-path)
- M-: (setq color-theme-libraries "~/.emacs.d/lisp") RET
- M-x load-file RET ~/color-theme-sva.el RET
  (the color-theme file provided in the original bug report)
- M-x gnus RET

The resulting group buffer is displayed in purple and black, with
groups containing unread messages in bold, as expected.  This is on
GNU Emacs 22.0.92.36 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.8.20), on
Ubuntu Dapper.

Please make sure you have color-theme.el installed correctly, and try
to simplify your color-theme file to the smallest possible testcase
that can produce this bug.