Re: More visible mini-buffer prompt face

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: More visible mini-buffer prompt face
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 02:09:30 +0100

Mathias Dahl wrote:
I wonder if it would not be better to have a more visible face for
the minibuffer prompt by default. My suggestion would be using a
visible background color (some not too sharp yellow perhaps).

I think that I understand the reason for you wanting this; I
sometimes miss the prompt at first, for example the prompt that is
displayed when trying to update a buffer who's file has been updated
on disk. I think that there are a couple of other situations as well,
but I don't remember any right now.
But! This differs from person to person!

Another approach to this would be to give a more visible prompt as a standard option. It is quite easy to add an alternative in the options menu for this. I think it would fit very well below or above "Blinking Cursor" since it has kind of the same spirit.

So I would suggest something in the menubar like "Options - More Noticeable Prompt" below "Blinking Cursor".

Or, maybe just "Customize Prompt Face".