Re: Move etc/future-bug into etc/JOKES ??

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Move etc/future-bug into etc/JOKES ??
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 13:18:19 +0100

On 2/28/07, Kim F. Storm <address@hidden> wrote:

They are both jokes/humor related to Emacs

The point is, the content of JOKES is understandable and potentially
funny for anyone (at least, anyone geek enough). A great deal of
DEVEL.HUMOR is not very funny unless you happen to closely follow
emacs-devel; take Handa-san's wonderful rendition of "Imagine" against
unibyte, for example, or Stefan's joke about the "u"s in colour,
behaviour, etc. (which he deadpaned just when I was homogenizing
spelling all across the sources).

Now that I think of it, I'm a bit surprised I didn't put the file
under admin/ :)

BTW, a better file name for all of it seems to be HUMOR.EMACS or
JOKES.EMACS to emphasize that the jokes are about emacs, and not just
a random collection of jokes.

In the case of DEVEL.HUMOR, I don't particularly like the name; I used
what was suggested to me.

            Juanma