Re: Edit images

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Edit images
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 19:41:16 +0100

David Kastrup wrote:
"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden> writes:

It would be very good if there in image-mode where some key/menu
binding for editing the image in an external application.

What would the use case be?

When one is browsing through images, one is presumably using a tool
that already allows calling applications with the file name.

Anyway, pointless before the release.

Well, I can do a lot with images in dired. And maybe that is good. I can use ediff on them for example. ;-)

There is a bit of consistency and usefulness missing about images. Maybe it would be good to distinguish between "viewing" and "editing" in an external program?

And there is a small bug in this area in tumme.el. It does not check if tumme-external-viewer is nil in tumme-dired-display-external.

We can of course save this for after the release.