Re: filladapt mode stops filling after lengthy amount of emacs uptime

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: filladapt mode stops filling after lengthy amount of emacs uptime
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 11:57:53 -0400

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> The regexp is mostly composed of a repetition of
>
>   "\\(--[[][[]\\([^]]*\\)]\\([[]\\([^]]*\\)]\\|\\)]\\|"
>
> so there's most likely a place in the filladapt code (or some related code)
> which adds this every once in a while without making sure that it hasn't
> added it already.

Judging from the backtrace, this is happening to either the variable
sentence-end or paragraph-start.  However, I can't see any place in
the Emacs sources that set either of these variables in such a
dangerous way, nor do I see such a regexp in use anywhere.

John, could you check if your customizations, site-start files, and
third-party elisp packages set sentence-end or paragraph-start
anywhere, or if they contain this regexp?