Re: using empty_string as the only "" string

From: Dmitry Antipov
Subject: Re: using empty_string as the only "" string
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 17:03:53 +0400

Richard Stallman wrote:

Thus, it would be necessary to keep one canonical null unibyte string
and one canonical null multibyte string.

I was convinced in the sense of having two null strings.

Also note that canonicalization of null strings assumes that non-null interval
can't be attached to empty string regardless of it's multibyteness (at a first
glance, this is how the stuff ticks now, but I'm not sure about this). If this
is true, is it ok to allocate both null strings from pure space ?

Dmitry