Re: emacs-22.0.99 configure problem

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: emacs-22.0.99 configure problem
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 19:49:54 -0400

Jason Rumney wrote:

> My interpretation was that this would be a one-off manual edit so we
> can release 22.1 without the risk of running into bugs introduced by
> a new version of autoconf.

Fine. I can do it later this evening.

>  After the release we will have plenty of time to upgrade to the
> latest autoconf and find and fix any such bugs.

So that means bumping the required version of autoconf on the release
branch after the release to the very very latest version of autoconf,
all to tweak the wording of a message. Which is also fine (people
don't usually need autoconf to build a release), but to me seems
needless.