Re: find-tag and partial completion mode -- Francisco, urgent!

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: find-tag and partial completion mode -- Francisco, urgent!
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 17:17:52 -0400

    However, in principle one could change etags.el so that, when the TAGS
    file is in fact a symbolic link, it resolves relative file names with
    respect to the base directory of the file, rather than the link.  I am
    not sure that this is in fact a good idea but, if it is, it should be
    eay to implement.

    So: either we implement the change to etags.el that I suggest above, or
    else I can add a couple of lines in the manual such as:

     Notice that, in the usual case of using relative file names, you should
     not use a symbolic link to a tags file in a different directory.

Please update the manual.  I am not sure which behavior is better,
and if it isn't clear, we may as well leave it unchanged.