Re: Don't concat directories to file names

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Don't concat directories to file names
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 23:39:45 +0200

On 6/14/07, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

I'm pretty sure I didn't create my ~/.emacs.d.  So the above doesn't seem to
be what Emacs currently aims for.

I think that currently Emacs doesn't aim for anything specific. Parts
do not use ~/.emacs.d/, others use it unconditionally, others
conditionally (like the ~/.emacs vs. ~/.emacs.d/init.el resolution).

What I'm proposing would be automatic if the fragments of code that
currently hardcode ~/.emacs.d/ (or, now, user-emacs-directory) were
changed to use user-emacs-file (or whatever the name).

It is not an important issue anyway; I'd prefer to defer to the user,
but both answers are OK.

            Juanma