Re: new image library "requirements"

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: new image library "requirements"
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 18:27:15 -0400

    Maybe we could add something like an overall --without-panic option
    that will not abort unless nothing useful can be compiled?  That would
    be more convenient for people than having to switch off every library
    manually if they know what they are doing.

I don't object to this, but I think that having the executables
for Xlib or the toolkit and failing to have the development packages
will usually be an error rather than a choice.