Re: Don't concat directories to file names

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Don't concat directories to file names
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 20:23:22 +0200

On 6/25/07, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

Emacs follows this idea as well.  I.e. a directory is a file, and it has two
names: one to treat it as a filem and another to treat it as a directory.
So /usr is a directory whose file name is "/usr" and directory name is
"/usr/", see file-name-as-directory and directory-file-name.

I know, I'm even using `directory-file-name' in The Function Without A
Name. But Emacs users and developers apparently don't, if they don't
balk at the idea of a function *-file returning the path (cough, the
filename, I mean) of a directory.

            Juanma