Re: highlight failed part of isearch input

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: highlight failed part of isearch input
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 16:21:32 +0300

> I find that this minor tweak to `isearch-message' helps a good deal when
> using Isearch. It highlights, within your Isearch input, the part that fails
> to match.

As you can see in the original `isearch-message', it already highlights
the part that fails to match, but only when this part contains trailing
spaces.  Your patch overwrites it with a new face.  I think these two
features could be merged.  Also I think it would be annoying to highlight
the whole search string when it fails (like when repeating the search with
the string from the search ring).  It could do this only during typing the
search string character by character.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/