Re: New major mode using cc-mode => cc-mode intrudes unrelated modes

From: Jens Peter Secher
Subject: Re: New major mode using cc-mode => cc-mode intrudes unrelated modes
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 18:14:00 +0200

On 17/07/07, Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden> wrote:

On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 09:28:06PM +0200, Jens Peter Secher wrote:
> I have been trying to create a major mode for a programming language
> called haXe, but I have run into problems.  haxe-mode is basically just
> a cut-down version of java-mode, as you can see from the first attached
> file.

A quick observation here: I think you will need to make your file GPL
licensed before you release it, since it will be a derivative of Emacs, a
GPL program.  But RMS is the expert on this.

You're right, I'll make it GPL3 then.

Would you please try this patch out, and let me know whether it fixes
everything.  Thanks for taking the trouble to report this bug, and thanks
for making it so easy for me to track down.

Thanks for the patch, it resolves the problem.

Cheers,
--
                                                   Jens Peter Secher.
_DD6A 05B0 174E BFB2 D4D9 B52E 0EE5 978A FE63 E8A1 jpsecher gmail com_.