Re: "(setq grep-find-command ...)" broken, no documented replacement

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: "(setq grep-find-command ...)" broken, no documented replacement
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 22:05:54 +0200

Bob Rogers <address@hidden> writes:

>    Some time in the last two weeks (between builds from the trunk), my
> .emacs customization of grep-find-command stopped working.  I had just
> done a setq of grep-find-command:
>
>       (setq grep-find-command
>             (concat "find . -type f "
>                     "| grep -Ev '/\\.?#|~$|/TAGS$|/\.svn/|/CVS/|\.patch$' "
>                     "| xargs -e grep -n -e "))
>
> But now this does not work.  There appears to be new customization
> mechanism in place, but I cannot find any documention for it.

Should be fixed now.

There is indeed an extended mechanism now, which allows you to apply
grep-find also on remote hosts. But the default setting shall be the
same.

Maybe it could be extended for different default customizations on
different hosts, but I don't know whether such fine granular settings
are needed.

>    TIA,

Best regards, Michael.