Re: highlight failed part of isearch input

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: highlight failed part of isearch input
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 00:29:49 +0300

>     It seems that only the tweaks that came out of the secondary discussion in
>     this thread were applied; the original proposal was not. Here is the diff.
>
> Would someone please apply that patch, and ack?

I like this proposal but there is a problem in the patch:

      (when (string-match " +$" m)
         (propertize (substring m (match-beginning 0)) 'face
'trailing-whitespace))

This is a no-op.  But maybe it is good to remove this code because the
failed trailing whitespace is highlighted in the new face isearch-failed.
We could change its background to more strong color, e.g. to something
like is used in Firefox failed search, so failed space will be more visible.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/