Re: remove dabbrev--scanning-message?

From: Sean O'Rourke
Subject: Re: remove dabbrev--scanning-message?
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 17:40:29 -0700

Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

> () "Sean O'Rourke" <address@hidden>
> () Mon, 23 Jul 2007 15:58:56 -0700
>
>        (1) Replace the messages with a progress-reporter (assuming
>            it's faster), since the filenames probably go by too fast
>            to read anyways.
>        (2) Provide a user option `dabbrev-report-progress', true by
>            default, to enable/disable this feedback.
>
> a progress reporter displays nothing until a certain threshold is
> reached (arg MIN-TIME to make-progress-reporter).

Thanks for the info.  Here's a patch that does this with a
1.5-sec delay.  I left out the current window-minibuffer-p check,
because it seems like the progress-reporter-* functions should
control this behavior.

2007-07-22  Sean O'Rourke <address@hidden>

        * dabbrev.el (dabbrev--scanning-message): removed.
        (dabbrev--find-expansion): use a progress reporter
        instead of dabbrev--scanning-message.
        (dabbrev--progress-reporter): new variable.

/s