Re: SVG support(again) ?

From: joakim
Subject: Re: SVG support(again) ?
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 13:57:23 +0200

>     I've adapted the SVG patch by Paul Pogonyshev for current emacs CVS.
>     All I did was find the right place to insert the hunks, since the
>     emacs source has changed a lot since the original patch.
>
>     I tried it briefly on a Fedora 7 box. It seems to work nicely.
>
>     What must be done in order for this patch to be applied?
>
> We have the legal papers.  The code needs more comments.  We also need
> the entry for etc/NEWS, and it would be nice to write text for the
> manual now.  (I will polish it up once it is installed.)

- Is this text for NEWS ok?

** Support for SVG images

Emacs now supports the SVG image format through librsvg2.

- There appears to be only generic text in the emacs manual for image
  viewing, valid for all image types. Viewing SVG images is no
  different from viewing JPG images, so I think the manual doesnt need
  any particular updates for this patch.

- I looked through the code briefly, and it didnt seem too bad on the
  commenting. Was it anything in particular you thought needed clarification?

--
Joakim Verona