Re: address@hidden: maximize resizes to large size, but doesn't really m

From: Bob Rogers
Subject: Re: address@hidden: maximize resizes to large size, but doesn't really maximize]
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 19:54:42 -0400

   From: Chong Yidong <address@hidden>
   Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 17:21:33 -0400

   > From: "Marijn Schouten (hkBst)" <address@hidden>
   > Subject: maximize resizes to large size, but doesn't really maximize
   >
   > under KDE when maximizing an emacs window (with the square) the
   > window will resize to almost fullscreen size instead of really going to
   > fullscreen. This also makes it impossible to go back from fullscreen size
   > small size with a single click.

   I can't reproduce this in the Gnome window manager in either the
   branch or the trunk.  Is anyone on this list using KDE?

I am seeing the first half of this in KDE 3.1.4 (Gnu/Linux, SuSE 9.0).
When I maximize, there is a thin sliver of root window at the right
margin, but not at the other margins.  But when I click the "maximize"
button again, the frame goes immediately back to its original size.

   But 3.1.4 is rather old; I can try a newer version tomorrow.  Maybe
they have a bug that got worse in later versions . . .

                                        -- Bob Rogers
                                           http://rgrjr.dyndns.org/