Re: 23.0.50; savehist save invalid syntax

From: Davis Herring
Subject: Re: 23.0.50; savehist save invalid syntax
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 15:48:47 -0700 (PDT)

> I think the best approach is to discard any element of command-history
> that contains anything unreadable.  If the arguments of a command
> include a mouse event, repeating it in another session won't make much
> sense anyway.

With this much complexity, my temptation would be to provide a
print-readable function (or an optional argument to an existing printer)
that signalled if it  were asked to print something that has no read
syntax.  Of course, this could be done in Lisp by recursively checking the
type of every element of every sequence, but that would traverse the tree
twice and would fail on circular structures unless `print-circle' were
duplicated within it.

Davis

shipping.