Re: multi-tty breakage on MS-Windows

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: multi-tty breakage on MS-Windows
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 20:18:24 +0200

A stange coincidence.

I flag this for the sake of completeness.

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> "emacs -nw" crashes on startup;

After these changes:

2007-09-08  Fredrik Axelsson  <address@hidden>

        * window.c (prefer_window_split_horizontally): New variable.
        (display_buffer): Consider splitting window horizontally depending
        on prefer_window_split_horizontally.

2007-09-08  Eli Zaretskii  <address@hidden>

        * sysdep.c [WINDOWSNT]: Don't include sysselect.h

this happens also on Cygwin BUT ONLY IF "emacs -nw" is started from the
DOS-like shell (cygwin.bat).

If it is started from an X shell it works fine ("emacs &" and "emacs
-nw").

The build I did after these changes (CVS cheched out less than 24 hours
ago):
2007-09-07  Stefan Monnier  <address@hidden>

        * s/cygwin.h (GC_MARK_STACK): Enable conservative stack marking.

        * frame.c (x_set_frame_parameters): Check number is positive
before
        using XFASTINT.

        * window.c (freeze_window_start): Don't presume selected_window
holds
        a window object.
        (Fdisplay_buffer): Remove `register' since `buffer' needs to be
gcpro'd.

works fine from all shells (X, Dos-like).

Cheers,

   Angelo.