Re: 23.0.50; savehist save invalid syntax

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: 23.0.50; savehist save invalid syntax
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 21:11:32 -0400

> I think the documentation for the (new) variable
> `print-unreadable-function' may be sufficient, but I could add one.
> I specifically don't want to catch all errors there, because any other
> error ought to be noticed, not suppressed.

If you bind print-unreadable-function to your own function (instead of just
t), then the code will be easier to understand (and you'll be able to
use whichever error you feel like, you can even use catch/throw if its
more convenient).

I think this special case of print-unreadable-function being bound to t is
rather unnecessary.

        Stefan