Re: bug of display-table & make-glyph-code

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: bug of display-table & make-glyph-code
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 16:31:12 -0400

    If after deleting them one can still set up the display table to send
    a string when a certain character needs to be displayed, I'm okay with
    that change.

create-glyph is the feature used for that.  We're thinking of deleting
create-glyph because the feature seems to be obsolete and not really
useful or used.

Do you use that feature?  If so, what do you use it for?

As a separate feature, you can use display-table to display a
character code as a series of glyphs.  But each of those glyphs
is supposed to occupy one space on the screen.  But if you want
to send a series of characters to display one glyph, the way
you do that is with create-glyph.