Re: can't set both mode-line color and default frame font?

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: can't set both mode-line color and default frame font?
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 08:16:42 +0200

Jason Rumney skrev:
Drew Adams wrote:
It sounded logical to me when I read that customization should take
precedence over X resources. However, it just occurred to me that it might
also be useful for it to be the other way around.

As useful as it might sound, customization within Emacs should always
take priority over the external environment. I am surprised that it is
not that way already. Perhaps the parsing of Xresources needs to be
moved earlier in the startup sequence (after site-start.el would be OK,
but it should certainly be before .emacs)

It is inconsistent. .emacs takes precedence over X resources for things that go in default/initial-frame-alist (tool bar, menu bar, font, geometry), so to make that a global policy would be good.

        Jan D.