Re: Please install: Some improvements to doc-view.el

From: Michaël Cadilhac
Subject: Re: Please install: Some improvements to doc-view.el
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 01:29:01 +0200

>     I changed `dired-view-file' so that it asks the user to use doc-view for
>     pdf, ps and dvi files instead of `view-file'.
>
> The change in Dired is similar to a change I installed in 2004, which
> was removed in 2005.  The code worked but there was some sort of
> drawback to the idea.  I don't remember what it was, but before we
> install a similar feature now, someone should check on this list for
> discussion of `dired-view-file' in Dec 2004 and make sure that the
> arguments there don't apply against this change.
>
> As for the changes in doc-view.el itself, would someone please install
> them?

Installed.  But Tassilo, please not that the « Version » field of your
file should be updated again when dired-related things will be
integrated.

--
 |   Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac       |  Fenouil                               |
 |   http://michael.cadilhac.name   |                                        |