Re: adding new modes

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: adding new modes
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 15:28:17 -0400

Richard Stallman wrote:

>     I think it would be good if Emacs included "lua-mode.el":
>
>        http://luaforge.net/projects/lua-mode/
>
> Have you checked that it is well written and fits into Emacs well
> as a major mode?  That it doesn't do anything bizarre which major
> modes should not do?
>
> If so, could you ask the author(s) of lua-mode.el to contact me?

Hi,

Did anything happen about this (installing lua-mode.el)?

I took a quick look at lua-mode.el. It has had quite a few authors
over the years, some just listed as "various", so getting assignments
might be difficult. Oddly, it describes itself as "Copyright FSF", yet
I cannot see any of the main authors in copyright.list...