Cedilla input in UTF-8 locale with dead keys.

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Cedilla input in UTF-8 locale with dead keys.
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 21:09:07 +0900

Attached is a report about the inconsistency of dead key
handling on Emacs with the other applications.  I confirmed
the reported behaviour with the trunk code by starting the X
session in pt_BR.UTF-8 locale.  Typing "RightAlt-' c"
inserts $(D+.(B (c-cedilla) in gnome-terminal, but it inserts $(D++(B
(c-acute) in Emacs.

But, it seems that inserting c-cedilla is the behaviour only
with GNOME/GTK applications (and OpenOffice, Mozilla).  For
instance, xev reports "RightAlt-' c" as c-acute, any KDE
applications (e.g. kedit) insert c-acute.  Gustavo, could
you also try them?

I'm not sure what we should do.  Emacs is not a GTK
application even if it is configured with --with-gtk.  But,
from the user point of view, I think it is better that it
insert c-cedilla as well as the other GNOME applications.

But, as I'm not that familiar with GTK programming, I don't
know how to do that.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden