Re: doc-view.el: about cursor and filename display

From: William Xu
Subject: Re: doc-view.el: about cursor and filename display
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 20:15:25 +0900

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

> But what happens with the tooltips if there's no cursor?

What kind of tooltips would it show?

Hmm, it won't work here. (maybe since carbon emacs is broken..)

,----
`----

> My last patch, that makes doc-view the default viewer for pdf/ps/dvi
> files uses only the filename.  You can get the patch from my mail
> <address@hidden>.  There you don't use `doc-view'
> anymore, but simply find the file using C-x C-f.

Nice. I wonder why this is not commited into the trunk..

>> 3. Add auto-revert-mode support?
>
> I don't know if that's a good idea.  a-r-m checks files periodically and
> reverts if something changed.

When i'm generating .pdf from .tex, i thought it would be useful if the
generated .pdf file buffer could be refreshed automatically.

--
William

http://williamxu.net9.org