Re: GNU Emacs video mode supporters are welcome

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: GNU Emacs video mode supporters are welcome
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 15:10:25 -0400

    There is a 3 member community for using GNU Emacs as a video editor
    based on GPL-ed free software: mplayer and avidemux. Martin Howse
    (London/Berlin) started an Emacs lisp project this year, Gabor Torok
    and Arn Matyasi (Budapest) joined him this late summer. We have now a
    working proof of concept GNU Emacs video editor mode in an alpha
    stage.

It is a delightful surprise that Emacs is suitable for such a job.
This is a neat project.

Can you make it work with VLC instead of mplayer?
We don't list mplayer in the Free Software Directory,
because it encourages use of non-free codecs.
It is important to make our own actions support what
we recommend to others.