Re: Is there a plan to record kbd macro as elisp code?

From: Jay Belanger
Subject: Re: Is there a plan to record kbd macro as elisp code?
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 14:26:06 -0500

"Robert J. Chassell" <address@hidden> writes:
> (Jay Belanger: do you have really old copies of Calc mode, such as
> the first that Dave Gillespie distributed?

No, but in the past I've looked for old copies.  comp.sources.misc, at
least the Google archives, have Calc 2.00 sources, and patches between
earlier versions, but not the sources for any earlier version.  If
anyone knows where to get old copies of Calc, please let me know.

> I think that has the capability, but I could be wrong.  It has been
> a very long time.

The files README and README.prev, which mention the changes between
the various Calc versions, sometimes mention things that are removed.
Those files don't mention any macro to lisp features,  but that
certainly isn't conclusive.  The removal of macedit.el in favor of
Emacs's edmacro is mentioned.

Jay