Re: region-active-p

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: region-active-p
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 04:22:27 -0400

    If you plan to use this API generally in Emacs, then I guess XEmacs
    compatibility is a secondary consideration.  If so I would prefer that
    you use a different name and the semantics for the argument that
    Stefan proposed

I'm not wedded to any particular name.

    Possible names are `region-usable-p' and `region-nonempty-p'.

Neither one fits quite right.  Whether the region is active is more
central to the meaning than whether it is nonempty.

Perhaps `region-overrides-p' is a good name.  The decision is whether
the region should override the normal meaning of the command.

I invite other suggestions.