[Dan Nicolaescu] S-arrow_keys not working in cua-selection-mode anymore

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: [Dan Nicolaescu] S-arrow_keys not working in cua-selection-mode anymore
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 15:32:08 +0100

Dan Nicolaescu has reported the following bug.

> In emacs CVS now S-{arrow key} does not work anymore in
> cua-selection-mode when using emacs -Q -nw in an xterm.
> Not sure when this stopped working, I have a 2 months old version that
> still works.
>
> The same thing works in pc-selection-mode, so the keys do send the
> right escape sequences.

Since I have not touched CUA mode in CVS for a long time, something
must have changed which breaks CUA mode in -nw mode.

CUA normally works by looking for a shift modifier on the event,
but it has special code to handle a non-windowing system:

   ((if window-system
        (memq 'shift (event-modifiers
                      (aref (this-single-command-raw-keys) 0)))
      (or
       (memq 'shift (event-modifiers
                     (aref (this-single-command-keys) 0)))
       ;; See if raw escape sequence maps to a shifted event, e.g. S-up or
C-S-home.
       (and (boundp 'local-function-key-map)
            local-function-key-map
            (let ((ev (lookup-key local-function-key-map
                                  (this-single-command-raw-keys))))
              (and (vector ev)
                   (symbolp (setq ev (aref ev 0)))
                   (string-match "S-" (symbol-name ev)))))))

I can see that the multi-tty merge changed my original code to use
local-function-key-map instead of function-key-map.

IIRC, Stefan has since added input-decode-map to handle escape
sequence decoding - so I guess the code need to look into that
instead of OR in addition to local-function-key-map.

Since I haven't followed recent developments, I would appreciate
if someone could DTRT here.

Thanks!