Re: suppressing byte-compiler warnings about undefined functions

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: suppressing byte-compiler warnings about undefined functions
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 22:06:56 -0500

    I agree it should be a macro (with an empty body), but I think that
    having the arglist as a single arg is better because it makes it
    syntactically idential to the arglist in the function definition.

To me, the fact that there is no body makes that extra level of parens
seem like unnecessary clutter.  But I won't put up a fight about the
question.