Re: address@hidden: case-insensitive partial-completion-mode issue]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: case-insensitive partial-completion-mode issue]
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 07:37:49 -0500

Your patch consists of passing the wildcard string to `directory-files'
instead of a regexp.  The third argument of `directory-files' is supposed
to be a regexp, so how can that be right?

What I see in the code is that `directory-files' does case-sensitive
matching on systems where file names are case-sensitive.  That seems correct.
As far as I can see, `file-expand-wildcards' is correct too.

If you think there is a bug in `file-expand-wildcards', can you please
provide a test case for that bug?