Re: "Attempt to modify read-only object" error with set-frame-configurat

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: "Attempt to modify read-only object" error with set-frame-configuration
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 06:11:28 +0200

> Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 23:05:07 +0100
> From: martin rudalics <address@hidden>
> CC: Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden>,  address@hidden
>
> !                 (if (eq initial-window-system 'w32)
> !                     (list (cons 'window-system initial-window-system)
> !                           (cons 'visibility t)
> !                           frame-initial-frame-alist)
> !                   (list (cons 'window-system initial-window-system)
> !                         frame-initial-frame-alist)))

Thanks.  However, I'm not sure this is right: why do we need to make
an explicit (visibility . t) element on w32, whereas on X we do not?

I think it would be useful to compare the values of the frame
parameters in Emacs 22 with what I have shown for the CVS code, and
find why it works in Emacs 22, but not in CVS.  Maybe then we will
understand what went wrong after the multi-tty merge.